Welcome to Wakamarina. We are a class of 25 students, ranging from year 3-5, 7 – 10 years old.
Schoolwide, our curriculum topic this term is Science. Wakamarina are researching a Science Fair experiment that they will focus on to enter into our school Science Fair. They are working in groups and will make a display with their end results.
During Literacy we will continue our involvement in NZ wide Chapter Chat - A Twitter Book Chat for NZ kids. This term the book is ‘The Little House of the Prairie’ by Laura Ingalls Wilder. This is taking us back in time as it is set in the 70’s and we are noticing the difference to how they grew up and ourselves.
Bex Learning Hubs for Maths and Literacy are being used to enable students to progress through their learning individually. These google sites provide students with valuable information at their fingertips, to help them advance quicker and also look back, should they need to revisit any learning.
In Week 10 of Term 3 we will be going on our class camp. So we will be doing some work around that between now and then.
Dates of Interest:
- Tuesdays, 3:15-4:15pm – Basketball skills and drills
- Tuesday 7thand Wednesday 8th August – Parent-Teacher Meetings
- Tuesday 14th August – Marlborough Cross Country
- Friday 24th August – Pelorus Cluster Cross Country, in Canvastown
- Thursday 6th September – Science Fair & Careers Expo
- 19th September – Estuary Clean up
- 24th September – 27th September - Camp
- Quiz Night – Near end of term (date TBC)